Monday, September 15, 2008

chapters one and two

Suprisingly I absolutely loved reading the first two chapters of Fulfilling the Promise of the Differentaiated Classroom. Not that I don't enjoy the readings usually, but this time I really couldn't seem to want to stop reading. I look forward to reading the rest of the chapters in this book becuase just in the first two chapters I learned so much and found myself really thinking about what steps i am going to take to make my classroom a learning enironment for all types of students and all types of learners. I love in chapter one how it talkes about the classroom being a type of support system for students. I agree with this so much. No matter what type of life the student has, they should always feel safe in the classroom and feel like they are all equal no matter what kind of disability or learnig difficulty they might have. I want every student to feel safe and welcome in my classroom and know that they can come to me no matter what they are having problems with. On top of that, I want to be the teacher that really explores types of teaching so that my students remember what they have learned and really know how to apply what they learned. I know that no student learns the same way so I am prepared to explore different methods of teaching. I think it is so important how teachers set up their classroom and it really sets the mood for learning and the students behavior throughout the whole year. ONe of my favotite parts of chapter one was the students needs and modifications that are in the table. What a great thing to turn to to get different ideas for situations that may be happening in your classroom. I will definately take note of the pages so i can refer to them in the future. There are so many needs and it wiil be hard to meet the needs of every student. Like it says in chapter two, they need to be chalenged, but also feel comfortable and accepted. Being a teacher is so much more than actually just teaching. Being an elementary teacher is taking responsability for each students lives. There are so many different methods of teaching that I want to learn from this book. I really want to learn eerything i can so I can be the best teacher for every type of student that i will encounter in my classroom and i look forward to reading the rest of the chapters in this book and learning what ways i can make my future classroom a great learning environment.

1 comment:

Teacherheart said...

It seems like you have reflected pretty thoroughly on the first chapter, in that it motivated you to want to meet students' varying needs, and to use information there as a resource. Can you reflect on the second chapter in ways that help me to recognize some of ITS main points (Ch. 2)?